Originally launched in the 1990s, webinar caching was once largely based on live broadcasts. But in 2020, we saw the space for a webinar in the direction of space when a turning point was requested.
Lower acquisition costs, ease of automation, and the creation of reliable archives with useful content have proven to be an effective way to move customers through the sales funnel.
Although not as flashy as their live counterparts, the evergreen webinars have proven to be the hare turtle of a living webinar: slow and confident sees the highest return on investment.
Read on to find out our favorite evergreen webinar strategies, platforms and features that change everything.
What is an evergreen webinar?
An evergreen webinar is simply a webinar made available after its original submission date. While a real-time webinar is usually viewed as an event, such as a concert or book presentation, an evergreen webinar is best suited for educational content and should be viewed as a learning tool.
When companies started producing webinars, the focus was on live broadcasts. The sleek and new promise of a live webinar meant capturing highly involved leaders and collaborating with top talent in the field.
But real-time webinars are also a huge job: weeks of coordination, marketing emails, practice sessions and script edits, building slide covers … all for an hour of learning and a few days of follow-up.
Tons of information were lost every time the webinar ended because there was no easy way to watch it again. Until we realized and started recording them.
Hosting recorded webinars is a great and inexpensive way to create resources potential or existing customers on how to configure your software, learn about common blockers customers face, or introduce new tools and integrations
With automated webinars, you can explore many different content streams, including:
- Training videos: Save the software you run from your account manager’s software and do more of it by offering it as an on-demand webinar.
- Lectures and thought management: Make the most of your guest speaker and C-Suite time by providing a mind management section for on-demand webinars in your archive.
- Tutorials: Simplify the use and research of new product integrations or updates with fast evergreen webinar content.
- Case study conducted: Conduct your case studies and then automate the recording to further your wit and knowledge.
If done well, a library of on-demand webinars can work that way automated sales engine, by guiding customers through the funnel as they work on your product and learn more about it. This is a great example of doing smarter than harder work.
Evaluating the best evergreen webinar software
It’s tempting to order your software search from Google. While you may get a good product, you may not have the basic features that make your presentations really buzzing. You may end up even over-investing. The first thing to do? Understand your limits.
A webinar program can be a simple automated recording … or it can be as complex as producing a live broadcast. Understand the complexity of your program by asking yourself the following questions:
- How many participants do I expect in a session? On most platforms, tiered prices are related to how many guests can attend a webinar. If you are just starting your webinar program, look for an opportunity that allows you to expand but does not require a large investment right away.
- What resources are available to me? Training and implementation take time. A lot of time. When researching platforms, consider what support is available. Will you be given a dedicated account manager? How secure is the platform resource set? Remember: the best software is the software you actually use.
- Always take advantage of the free trial … and if you’re considering buying a product but need more time, ask for an extension.
The best evergreen webinar software
Outsourced webinars do not have the same immediate conversion power as their real-time counterparts. Instead, they excel at building customer education and brand trust.
Think of your outsourced webinars as a way to educate your existing customer base and as an ambassador for your company’s helpfulness.
Here are the two best software for hosting, recording, and hosting evergreen webinars:
Demio is the best of both worlds. While it focuses on creating webinars, Demio makes it easy to build your webinar library. We like the way Demio:
- Provides automated recordings that make it easy to store and archive live content in a searchable content library.
- It has a “Register to Stay” feature that allows participants to sign up once for an ongoing series and register valuable emails for future marketing activities.
- With a great analytics dashboard, you can get an idea of how your websites and on-demand webinars work – a great way to let your studies communicate the live and evergreen content of your website.
EverWebinar, which deals with evergreen webinar technology, covers everything that can be ordered. If you want to set it up and … well, don’t forget it, but don’t look it in the eye, it’s the software for you.
- EverWebinar allows users to schedule their webinars to play at set intervals throughout the day, week, or month. This has the dual advantage of mimicking a living experience (which tends to be more relevant). It also allows your marketing team to test which time is best for your audience.
- With a list of unique features, it’s easy to drive home under the control of a “direct” illusion and reduce the stress of managing a large list of scheduled webinars. Options like “Block dates” that stop your webinars from running on certain days, or “Block night view” to keep your stream from being distorted in background streams. “Automatic time zone detection” makes it easy to globalize your offer at the touch of a button.
- Bonus for superusers: If you’re looking for a platform to help you organize your collection of recorded webinars, EverWebinar and WebinarJam are designed to work together. * Enter a handshake emoticon *
A new business for a webinar game is a great option. WebinarGeek is a simple software that turns hosting and recording real-time webinars and turning them into an evergreen library of on-demand content.
In addition to standard features like customizable lounges and strong analysis, we also love:
- WebinarGeek’s intuitive user interface: It’s easy for a whole new person in the world of webinars to navigate the WebinarGeek platform.
- A monthly pricing plan that makes this option available to companies who want to explore a webinar space without a deep financial commitment.
- The pre-recording feature makes it easy to test presentations, sample with multiple presenters, and explore other features. Pre-recording a webinar will leave you with a clean version to upload as evergreen content.
Build an evergreen webinar funnel with these top tools.
As we all become more literate about real-time and on-demand learning materials, the need for simple and sleek webinar platforms will grow.
By identifying your needs early and taking the time to test different platforms, your team is ready to educate, inspire, and better understand your customer base so you can help them make big decisions.