JEAN CASTEX ON TF1: WHAT TO REMEMBER
– “We are in the 4th wave” : We knew it, but the Prime Minister formalized the country’s epidemic situation, Wednesday on TF1. “To avoid having to brake vigorously, you need the health pass and vaccination,” he insisted.
– The health pass has been postponed until September 30 for 12-17 year olds. Jean Castex confirmed the postponement of the health pass obligation for 12-17 year olds from August 30 to September 30, for those who want access to certain places. “It was under a strong restriction while the vaccination started later for them,” he said.
– “No health card in schools”. The Prime Minister has ruled out the idea that the health pass can be imposed at university and high school. “Our strategy from the start has been to ensure that all children go to school,” the prime minister said.
– Identity checks are the sole responsibility of the police. Jean Castex has settled a controversial issue around the control of the sanitary pass at the entrance of certain places. There is no longer any question of asking the restorers or other administrators of these places to perform the double check. They will have to check the health pass, but the verification of identity documents is the sole responsibility of the security forces.
– ’50 million vaccinated at the end of August’ : The Prime Minister confirms the new target of reaching 40 million vaccinated by the end of July, a month in advance, to reach 50 million by the end of August. 5 million additional slots will be opened within 15 days.