Adrian Grenier’s life is at the mercy of clickbait in the first teaser for the Netflix limited series (premiering Wednesday, August 25).
The Entourage vet plays Nick Brewer, “a loving father, husband and brother, who suddenly and mysteriously disappears one day,” reads the official synopsis. “A video appears on the internet of a beaten up Nick holding a card that reads, ‘I abuse women. I die at 5 million views.’ Is this a threat or a confession? Or both?”
It’s up to Nick’s sister (played by The Plot Against America‘s Zoe Kazan) and wife (Defending Jacob‘s Betty Gabriel) to save him – but in the process “they discover a side of Nick they didn’t know existed.”
Press PLAY in the video above to watch the preview.
Ready for more of today’s new nuggets? Good…
* Sundance Now has acquired the exclusive US rights to the UK remake of the French comedy series Call my agent!, premiering on the streamer in 2022. Additionally, Chelsey Crisp (Hot off the press) has joined the series regular cast, which is complemented by Jack Davenport (The Morning Show, Smash). Newly announced cameos include Dominic West (The crown, the affair), Phoebe Dynevor (Bridgerton), Jessica Oyelowo (the aquarius) and David Oyelowo (Selma).
* hunters tapped Tommy Martinez (good problems), Emily Rudd (Fear Street, Dynasty) and Udo Kier (The kingdom) to return during season 2 in secret roles, reports our sister site Deadline.
* HBO Max has given an eight-episode order to The climb, a reality competition in which series creator Jason Momoa and legendary mountaineer Chris Sharma guide amateur climbers through a rigorous series of mental and physical challenges.
* love life Season 2 added Punkie Johnson (Saturday Night Live) to its cast as the outspoken sister of Marcus, William Jackson Harper’s lead character. In addition, Leslie Bibb (The Legacy of Jupiter) will return as a twice-divorced mother with whom Marcus enters into a purely sexual relationship, while Blair Underwood (Quantico) guest-starred as the father of Jessica Williams’ character.
* Disney+ released a trailer for the animated series Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life, premiere Wednesday, July 28:
Which of today’s TVLine items pique your interest?