As part of the vaccination plan against COVID-19, in the same week that Argentina will receive more than 40 million doses to vaccinate against the coronavirus, the City of Buenos Aires will allow online registration (buenosaires.gob.ar/vacunacovid) for all residents between 18 and 24 years, from 8.30 am.
As of December 29, 1,746,092 people have received the first dose of the Sputnik-V, Sinopharm or AstraZeneca vaccine, that is, 72.4% of Buenos Aires over the age of 18 have already received at least one dose. Of that total, 530,367, representing 22% of the population aged 18 or over, completed their immunization with the second component. For example, 2,276,459 vaccines have already been used in the city.
Shift assignment will begin in the coming days as new doses are received from the central government.
The decision to continue immunization by age group was made on the basis that age is the main determinant for a person to develop a serious or fatal disease.
Appointments are made via email, WhatsApp and SMS, according to the order of registration. Once they have been contacted, the neighbors can select the preferred date, time and place via a personalized link.
After receiving the vaccine, they remain under observation for 15 minutes. It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes in advance. Those who need it can participate with an attendant.
How to register?
● Log in to buenosaires.gob.ar/vacunacovid
● Fill in the personal data form.
● An email, WhatsApp message and registration confirmation SMS will be sent.
Then you will be contacted by WhatsApp, mail and/or SMS to make the assignment of the service. The neighbor can select the preferred day, time and vaccination via an online management system.
Step by step vaccination
- Approach the center on the day and time indicated in the service.
- Present the DNI in the reception and registration area. Neighbors admitted to phase 5 must also carry a certificate proving the existence of a risk condition and pregnant or breastfeeding people must have their doctor’s indication.
- Wait for the call from the health team to receive the vaccine.
- It should be observed for 15 minutes after administration.
- After this period, the neighbor receives the corresponding certificate and he/she can go home again.
- You will be contacted again to assign you a turn to give the second dose.
Vaccination plan against COVID-19
The stages progress on the basis of criteria established by the national government. In this way, the application is started immediately, as the date of a new vaccine delivery is communicated, the amount and to which group they should be assigned.
In order to develop the Plan in an orderly manner, the vaccination is carried out through a shift system.
- Health personnel (staging according to the risk of activity).
- Adults over 70 years of age and people living in urban nursing homes or old people’s homes.
- Seniors from 60 to 69 years old.
- Strategic staff.
- People between the ages of 18 and 59 with high-risk conditions.
Currently, the GCBA carries out the vaccination of the general population by age group. It started with all people aged 55 to 59 and continued in a declining fashion until it reached all neighbors aged 18 and over.
Vaccination plan against COVID-19 in numbers
● 1,746,092 people received the first dose.
● 530,367 the two doses were administered.
A total of 2,276,459 doses were administered.
1st phase: health personnel
● Start date: December 29.
● About 250 thousand people: public and private health personnel, social security personnel, university entities and national dependencies, retirement homes and the self-employed.
● 245,760 people received the first dose of Sputnik-V, AstraZeneca or Sinopharm.
● 151,485 completed immunization with the second component.
2nd phase: older than 70 years
● Start date:
○ February 22: Over-80s and nursing home residents.
○ March 31: older than 75 years.
○ April 7: older than 70 years.
● 400 thousand (approximately) Older people over 70 years old live in CABA:
○ 170 thousand approx. 80 years and older.
○ 250 thousand approx. from 70 to 79 years.
● About 18 thousand elderly people live in 498 nursing homes.
● 381,299 have already received the first dose of AstraZeneca, Sputnik-V or Sinopharm vaccine under this strategy and of them, 132,187 have already completed immunization with the second dose:
○ 170,365 adults over 80 years of age.
○ 193,353 elderly between 70 and 79 years.
○ 17,581 nursing home residents.
● 8 Mobile Teams visit the retirement homes to vaccinate on the spot. All branches have already been visited at least once.
3rd phase: older than 60 years
● Start date:
○ April 20: older than 65 to 69 years.
○ May 3: older than 60 to 64 years.
● 330 thousand people approximately.
● 263,189 have already received the first dose and 43,481 completed immunization with the second component.
Phase 4: strategic personnel
● Start date:
○ 10 March: teaching and non-teaching staff between the ages of 18 and 59.
○ May 28: people aged 50 to 59 years.
○ 2 June: persons from 18 to 49 years.
● 130 thousand approximately people in this group.
● 101,992 people received the first dose, of which 15,501 have already completed immunization with the second component.
5th phase: people between 18 and 59 years old with risk conditions
● Start date:
○ May 20: people aged 55 to 59.
○ May 29: people aged 50 to 54.
○ May 31: people aged 45 to 49 years.
○ 2 June: persons from 18 to 44 years.
● 190 thousand approx. people in this group in total.
● 156,385 have already administered the first dose.
People from 25 to 59 years old
● Start date:
○ June 8: people aged 55 to 59 years.
○ June 10: people aged 50 to 54.
○ June 17: people aged 45 to 59 years.
○ June 22: people aged 40 to 44.
○ July 2: people from 35 to 39 years.
○ July 8: people aged 30 to 34.
○ July 16: persons from 25 to 29 years.
○ 21 July: registration is possible for people between 18 and 24 years old.
● 900 thousand people in this group approximately.
● 597,005 have already administered the first dose, of which 187,713 have already completed immunization with the second component.
For more information: buenosaires.gob.ar/vacunacovid