Well-written articles on page 10 of search engine results are bad for your brand.
Lianjuday The display effect on the result page is not good.A kind Backlink Research shows that it gets 10 times fewer clicks than the first organic search result.
However, you may already know it. Although there is no magic bullet to reach the top ranking, you can always work harder to improve your ranking. This is a review course, so you can move on today.
Due to the limited space on the first page, Google will not display every well-written blog post when users search for terms, phrases, or questions.It chooses what it thinks is the best result to satisfy The intent of the searcher.
how is it? It follows the EAT methodology-professional, authoritative and trustworthy. (The latter may go a step further than content to include overall page quality. Let’s delve into each page.
Webster Describe an expert as someone who has “a specific skill or knowledge that represents a mastery of a specific topic.”
Google defines expertise as content with excellent knowledge that can satisfy the search intent of your audience. You can achieve this in the following ways:
- Do keyword research to understand what your audience is interested in
- Understanding the audience’s stage Buyer’s journey When they search
- writing Fascinating content According to these interests and stages
Everyone can quickly become an expert. Google is not only interested in professional knowledge. Google also wants to provide authoritative content.
Dictionary.com defines it as “substantiated or supported by written evidence and accepted by most authorities in the field.”
Google defines authority as based on Backlink Share on your website and social media.
Google also uses Brand Search Evaluate the permissions of your website.
You can achieve authority in the following ways:
- Full development Guest blogging strategy
- Create Backlinker Your website agrees to include relevant links in your content, and other websites agree to include your relevant links in their content.
- promote The content of your website on social media channels and ask your followers to share
How to create SEO friendly content (2021 year-end checklist)
How to make compelling and SEO friendly content from scratch? We have identified 12 key steps to optimize your copy for users and search engines. Use this guide to plan the entire process-from keyword research to copy optimization and content review.
Professional knowledge and authoritative content is essential. But Google must also trust your website. Google is responsible for ensuring that only trusted websites appear in search results.
You can earn trust in the following ways:
- Avoid people leaving Negative comments
- Increase your domain authority by viewing the number of unique domains linked to your site and the authority of those linked domains.
8 ideas for SEO beneficial content
After understanding the EAT guidelines, it will be easier for you to know which type of content is more likely to win recognition in Google search results. But how do you create it? Let’s take a look at eight ideas.
One Evergreen topic Stay relevant for a long time. (Like an evergreen tree, it is full of vitality all year round.)
If you are a brand that sells low-fat foods, you might want to write an article about weight loss.When you explore the phrase Google Trends, You will find that this topic has attracted attention over time:
2. Do keyword research
Although Google Trends shows general interest, you want to go further in your research. Pass to verify (or invalidate your idea) Keyword research. You can better understand how often your audience searches for targets or related phrases.
Suppose your evergreen topic is how to make money online. Your keyword research shows that it has high search volume, indicating that it might be a good topic. Neil Patel shows how the results are displayed as “make money online” Ubersuggest:
3. Find long tail keywords
Long tail keywords Is a search term that contains three or more words.If you want your content to appear in Featured excerpts Google search results for. It is also more likely to hear selected excerpts during a voice search.A kind Backlinko research Shows that 40.7% of voice search answers come from selected clips.
Start with your main keywords. In this example, we use “content marketing”.Type words or phrases into similar tools Answer the public Look at which niche topics (and long tail keywords) might be relevant.
With this information, you can:
- Search for target long-tail keywords to see what’s on the first results page.
- Determine relevant angle It is not covered by others.
- Use similar tools Surfer SEO Determine the ideal post length for your keywords. (You can do this manually by clicking each current search result on the first page and checking its word count.)
- Use these long-tail keywords as topics to summarize your article.
- Write articles to answer all or most questions about long-tail keywords.
In the past five years or so, more SEO content creators have discovered topic clustering models. To this end, you:
- create Long-form content Covers the main topics.
- Produce a series of content around this theme.
- Link to these clusters from the core long-form content.
Ninja Outreach Conducted internal linking activities similar to thematic clustering method, which increased organic traffic by 40%.
Because the title is prominent and the searcher sees it first, the title has a great influence on search traffic.You have to make Fascinating headlines. This is not a quick solution, but it may have a big impact on a slowly rising team.
In many cases, your keywords should fit your headline well. For example, if the keyword is “Improve SEO Ranking”, the title “How to Improve SEO Ranking with Quality Content” will work well. As the “Sentiment Value Headline Analyzer” tool points out, it earns high scores for the audience and matches the SEO intent.
After searchers click on your title, you want them to stay.That needs an excellent Introduction.
Usually, the first four sentences should appeal to the reader. If you don’t do this, your bounce rate may soar, which may hurt your SEO ranking.
Let’s see some excellent introductions.
From Brother SEO Immediately include the statistical information that readers want and provide solutions to prove their expertise:
Or, you can use the introduction to tell what your audience knows so they can see themselves, state their problems, and help with your article. solution:
Linking to other sites helps to follow Google’s EAT guidelines, but you don’t want to link randomly. Choose sites with good domain permissions, these sites rarely delete their content.
Going forward, make a plan to periodically check those outbound links to ensure that they are still valid and point to content that is still relevant and accurate.
Content readability It is an indirect SEO ranking factor. Although Google cannot measure the readability of your content, searchers certainly can. If they have difficulty understanding or have to spend a lot of time watching dense passages, then they will not stick to it (this will have a direct impact on ranking.)
To make your content more friendly to readers or viewers:
- Write down grades 7-9 (or even lower if possible).You can use free tools WebFX readability tool Assess the grade level.
- Use images. These may be screenshots, photos, diagrams, etc. The image helps break up the gray text blocks. They can also help explain what you are saying, making it easier for the audience to understand.do not forget Optimize the image
- Limit the number of sentences in a paragraph and use bulleted or numbered lists. Although your content may not follow a perfect structure, these features allow readers to browse the content.
- Adding a topic divides the content into several parts. Use them often, especially for longer content.
Host a feast for SEO
Boost SEO ranking High-quality content is not an adventure for Google. In order to improve the ranking of content, you must set up tables and revisit them regularly to make sure everything is in place for Google to eat.
All the tools mentioned in this article are from the author. If you have a suggested tool, please add it in the comments.
Cover image: Joseph Kalinowski/Content Marketing Academy