Today, we will reveal all the ins and outs of one of the most effective link building strategies that can indeed get you to the top. This is the so-called crowd marketing!
This strategy uses the unlimited resources of forums and communities to establish high-quality backlinks. according to crow, Only 2% of search engine optimization (SEO) experts use it to rank higher in Google, and you can use it to drive competition.
What exactly is crowd marketing?
Crowd marketing It is an SEO method that can use the power of forums and digital communities to build organic and relevant backlinks. Although this is a very time-consuming and often overlooked method, it can quickly launch your SEO campaign and greatly improve your ranking in Google.
Which platforms should you use for your next link building event?
Choosing a relevant, clean, and spam-free resource for your crowd marketing campaign should be at the top of the list. The resources to consider are:
It’s not worth using blog comments to build links anymore. Most of them are poorly supervised or not supervised at all, which means they are hotbeds for spammers.This makes the blog Unsuitable source Used to establish backlinks.
Review sites are trusted by most users and are an excellent opportunity to build a good reputation and improve brand credibility and visibility. However, due to the limited number and scope of these sites, they will not help you much in link building.
- Social media and Q&A sites
If you are most concerned about increasing traffic and building brand awareness, then social platforms such as Quora and Reddit Should be your first choice. However, it should be noted that they did not push the SERP needle so big. So if your highest priority ranks higher in Google search, then maybe you should consider our next option.
- Niche-related forums/communities
Yes, we have a winner-you can definitely win big prizes with these. Well-organized and targeted forums attract thousands of people and are therefore full of social interaction. These forums and communities are treasure troves waiting for you to discover. Backlinks from these platforms can greatly improve your Google rankings.
The true value of this SEO strategy
Given that crowd marketing is largely undeveloped, it is very likely that your competitors will miss the opportunity to make money from the many niche-related forums and communities that are flooded with target audiences.
The following are the benefits that can be obtained through a well-planned crowd marketing campaign:
- Create Powerful and diverse backlink profile Links from niche-related communities and forums are enriched
- Since Google often floods in organic-looking links, it ranks higher in search
- With real user interaction, increase brand awareness, exposure and build brand trust
- Significantly increase website visits, thereby increasing sales
How to choose the right forum for backlink activities
Choosing the right forum for your backlink campaign is not rocket science, but it still requires some foresight. Here are the main points to consider:
1. Is it related to your niche market?
The forum you work with must be relevant to your niche market, which means that the forum itself and the topics discussed must vary around the type of goods or services you provide. For example, if you have a car dealership in Chicago, you need to focus on car-oriented forums, preferably local forums.
Links from related resources will lead to more rankings and are a better choice for forum users and search engines. Remember: the more relevant the forum is to your market segment, the “more advanced” the backlinks are, and this is your goal. Consider this hot-cold micro-guide:
Common topics on the common forum -freeze! These are clues for people to exchange happy hours. They did not pass the juice and consisted of irrelevant small talk between users.
Theme-related topics on general forums -Gradually pick up! Backlinks from ordinary forums have a certain SEO weight only when the topic of discussion in the topic matches your niche.
Topic-related topics on niche-related forums – hot! This is the best choice you should pursue. In this case, the entire resource is not only related to threads, but also related to niches. This is why backlinks will deliver enough juice to your website.
Regional Forum (If your business is a local business)-It’s jaw-dropping! These forums are difficult to find because they rarely exist, but if you manage to find this unicorn, you will be a big winner, and the most interesting links between them will pay you back.
2. Has the audit been conducted appropriately?
Forum review means the degree of self-promotion and spam allowed by the forum administrators and their review of the content and comments in each topic.
You can determine the level of forum moderation at a glance-just browse through the different topics and check the amount of spam, whether the discussion is full of links, and the relevance of the comments to the topic.
Forums can have:
- Low to uncontrolled: These communities are usually full of meaningless comments, and there are usually plenty of links to random websites and spam. Forums that don’t need to be taken care of should obviously be passed.
- Mild temperance: You may encounter some dark notes, but in terms of links, only relevant links are allowed. Forums with this type of review are desirable because they can achieve the best balance between quality and ease of link submission.
- High Moderate: These forums do not allow spamming and manually select comments in each topic. It is very difficult to submit links to any topic on such forums, but if you link them out, they will definitely deliver more results.
3. Is it popular?
First, if there are thousands of members in a digital community, it usually means that the level of content review is acceptable.
In addition, Google favors backlinks from high-traffic websites because it considers them more trustworthy and valuable.
Finally, the more traffic to your website, the more likely it is for potential people to log on to your website and explore the services you provide.
If you just want to get involved in community marketing, forums with more than 30K monthly visits are a good start.
Remember, even if the forum is uniquely related to your niche market, there is no human traffic, which means it is either flooded with spammers or inactive. Using it for your forum marketing activities will It’s a waste of time.
4. Does its metric meet snuff?
In addition to relevance and popularity, you should also look at the key indicators of the forum domain.
Generally, the better these numbers are, the greater the ranking weight of backlinks from that domain.
This is a failure Indicators you should analyze:
- DA / DR (domain authority/level): This metric determines the strength of the domain. The higher the index, the higher the ranking of the domain name in the search engine. Ideally, you should look for domains with 40+ DA.
- PA (page authority): The evaluation method of this indicator is the same as DA, but its evaluation focuses on a single page, rather than the entire field. This is an ideal way to evaluate whether a particular forum topic is worthwhile.
- TF (Trust Flow): If you want to check whether the resources you plan to use are trustworthy, TF is the benchmark you are looking for. Websites with inbound links from reliable sources (such as Wikipedia or educational resources) have high TF scores and high ranking weights.
- CF (citation stream): This number is based on the number of external links. It should be evaluated together with TF because it does not indicate whether to trust the information on the page. However, it is very convenient for evaluating the trend of the page.
Breaking the myth: Dofollow or Nofollow forum links
If many forums you encounter only allow nofollow links, don’t worry.
You may have heard that nofollow links are useless, which is a common myth in SEO.
In fact, you should pursue a reasonable balance of 50/50 dofollow and nofollow links.
Google treats nofollow links as “tips”“Therefore, there may still be a causal relationship between nofollow links and higher SERP rankings.
How to write a forum comment like an expert
Now that you have a broad knowledge of choosing the right web resources for link building, let us learn more about how to use backlinks to add compelling and qualitative content to them.
- Use appropriate style, grammar and language: Make your comments look as natural as possible, check for grammatical errors, and use the language in line with the overall feeling of the thread. Go through all the comments and try to use the same style and language used by other forum members.
- Analyze the details and overall mood of the post: The worst thing you can do is post the same text everywhere in the link. Your response should be natural and unique. It should not stand out from the rest of the answers. Attracting unnecessary attention, you will doubt the intent of the advertisement. This is why you absolutely must read the post carefully and make your reply helpful to the author of the post and attract other users.
- It is not possible to distribute software in batches: Under any circumstances, please do not use software for mass release. This is a reliable way to be considered a spammer and banned on the spot. In addition, it was dissatisfied with Google and was punished.
- Include links naturally: Links to your website should look natural and casual, with appropriate anchor text inserted in them. Clickbait and similar advertising comments or comments with hidden backlinks will be deleted by the forum administrator, and may even damage your website rankings.
Forum Link Building: White Hat or Black Hat?
Crowd marketing aims to be an organic method of link building, and if implemented properly, the rewards will be huge. A successful forum marketing campaign means publishing compelling and useful content that has the greatest impact on readers, benefits forum members, and includes relevant backlinks to your website, which are seamlessly inserted into the context.
The priority should be given to quality rather than quantity. Therefore, spamming or using automated software to respond is “not allowed”.These ugly practices are usually called Black hat SEO method, And this is not what we advocate here!
Search engines are smarter than ever, and trying to play the system without providing any value will only penalize your website.
Crowd marketing can be time-consuming. It requires a lot of work and dedication, but if you are willing to fight to achieve a higher Google ranking, then it may be a game changer. If you have enough free time and resources, you can undoubtedly handle it yourself, but even SEO nerds prefer to delegate this heavy task to a reliable link building service. Whether you choose to hire a freelancer or a backlink provider, make sure you don’t deal with untrusted experts who don’t have much hope, but they don’t work well. Remember that suspiciously cheap services often result in a lack of proper research and use of bots/automated tools, which can harm your website instead of providing it with the required SEO boost.