Can you believe that Instagram turned 10 in 2020? Boasting 1 billion users, it’s certainly not a platform you’ve ignored as a reseller or business owner.
However, I see that many brands are failing with their Instagram marketing strategy. I don’t want you to be one of those brands, so I created this post on how you can increase the effectiveness of your Instagram presence with brand ambassadors to grow more traffic, brand recognition and sales.
Why does my brand need brand ambassadors?
Sixty percent Instagram users sign up daily. This means that your target consumers are interested in what their peers and followers post. Don’t want some of those daily posts to be about your brand? Brand ambassadors can be influencers or happy consumers. They have the ability to create authentic posts about your brand. After all, consumers are blind to ads and don’t want to hear about your brand from your brand itself. Consumers want to learn about new products and / or services from their peers. Brand ambassadors are considered peers.
Where to find brand ambassadors?
There are many ways to identify people who fit your ambassador program on Instagram perfectly. As I mentioned, brand ambassadors can be influencers or happy consumers. Influencers have a lot of followers on Instagram, while happy customers may not have a large social following, but they can still get your brand in front of hundreds of their friends and family.
Here are some ways you can identify brand ambassadors and post them on Instagram.
- Identify and activate influencers using tools like GroupHigh or BuzzSumo
- Consult with your customer service team to identify happy consumers and email them and ask them to post on Instagram and tag your brand
- Email your consumers asking them to share their brand experience on Instagram
How to get ambassadors to post messages
Turning someone into a brand ambassador often requires a little creativity and a little encouragement. Based on successful brand ambassador programs on Instagram, there are few things we can learn from other brands about how to get consumers to post on Instagram about their experience with your brand.
- Offer a free product for postings
- Offer different levels of gift cards for how many likes the ambassador gets at their workplace
- Monetarily encourage ambassadors to publish ads
- Set the sales commission structure that comes from their Instagram posts
- Organizing and scaling your ambassador’s program
The goal is to attract as many brand ambassadors as possible. This requires a lot of organization. You can create a Google spreadsheet to keep track of who’s in your program and the links and reach of their posts. You can also keep a list of all your brand ambassadors in an email marketing tool like MailChip so you can communicate with them on a regular basis.
However, organizing, scaling, and encouraging ambassadors can be a tedious process. Especially when your days are filled with other marketing initiatives. That’s why tools like CrewFire which organizes and encourages ambassadors to post ads like dream come true for marketers.
Creative ways to maximize media earnings from ambassadors
The ambassadors of your brands will create amazing earned media for you on Instagram. The pictures and words they used can be a great asset for more than just selling. Here are some ways you can reuse your earned Instagram media:
- Use pictures on all your social channels
- Use their pictures and quotes from their posts on your homepage
- Create a category on your website for potential consumers to see all of your earned Instagram content
- Use their images in your marketing materials
How to track the results of your ambassador’s program
To ensure that your brand ambassador program on Instagram reaches its full potential, you’ll want to keep track of your earned media. Create a spreadsheet, review your earned media, and use Google Analytics to track the performance of your program.
To be able to track your ambassadors on an individual level, ask them to put your link in their resume on the day they post about you. Even if they won’t put your link in their resume, you can still follow the results of the ambassador’s program on Instagram.
These are the most reasonable metrics that can be tracked:
- Impressions (number of followers the ambassador has)
- The number of likes that their posts receive
- Number Comments on Instagram the ambassador comes to their posts
- The number of posts the ambassador posts about your brand
- Move their posts brought to your website (if they put your link in their resume)
- Sales (if they put your link in their resume)
Key to take away
Brand ambassadors are a cost-effective and authentic way to earn media for your brand and create brand awareness on Instagram. Consumers want to hear about brands from their peers, not from your brand, so these third-party recommendations are very powerful.
Don’t forget to encourage your ambassadors to publish and remember that a little goes a long way. Usually your happy consumers just need a little persuasion to post about your brand.
Have you worked with ambassadors on Instagram? If this is the case, feel free to contact social media with your tips and insights!
Join 100,000+ fellow marketing professionals who improve their skills and knowledge by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.