Recently, video marketing has flourished. Marketers and brands are publishing more videos online, and consumers love it.
- Compared with text interaction, people are 10 times more likely to interact with video
- On landing pages, videos can increase conversion rates by up to 80%
- As many as 90% of consumers who watched the video shared the video
Most importantly, the video now directly affects your SEO performance and SERP ranking. For example, after adding a video to a web article or blog, you are 53 times more likely to rank on the homepage!
This guide specifically addresses the role of video in search engine optimization. We want to show you how to use video to improve your SEO performance.
Why is video an important part of SEO?
There are mainly the following three reasons;
- Video enhances the depth and quality of content
Although this is a very complicated process, the basis of search engine ranking includes crawling all available content, and determining the results to be returned based on how well each content answers the searcher’s query.
The video contains a lot of information. Therefore, even search engines believe that pages with videos will answer queries more comprehensively. result? Higher ranking.
- Video enhances the user experience, thereby extending the duration of the session
For most digital marketers, bounce rate is a real challenge. For example, the bounce rate of bloggers in 2019 reached 70-90%, which means that 9 out of 10 visitors did not read the blog post to reach a conclusion.
Video is a great way to increase bounce rate. Simply add the video to the blog post and the bounce rate can be reduced by up to 34%.
- The video adds backlinks to your website
Although you can also get backlinks through plain text content, videos can provide more links. People are more likely to link back to the video than a block of text.
But it’s not just people from another website linking to your website. Videos can also be shared more, which further increases the possibility of backlinks. If user A shares your video, person B who appears in the shared video can link back to the video without having to visit your website.
Keyword research for video results
After understanding the importance of video in SEO, the next step is to conduct keyword research for your video marketing campaign. Keyword research is the process of finding words and phrases that people use for video searches.
Why video keyword research is needed
You may be wondering why a separate keyword research for video marketing is needed when keyword research has been done for text-based SEO. There are three reasons;
- Videos have their own search engine: For example, the search algorithm used by the largest video platform YouTube is different from Google’s search algorithm.
- Key ranking factors vary: Video search engines use a completely different set of ranking factors. For example, the elements required to rank in Google will not necessarily help you rank well in YouTube search.
- Different search intent: The way people search for regular content is different from the way they search for videos. They even use different search terms.
4 steps to successfully search for keywords for videos
There is no correct way to conduct video keyword research. The most important thing is to master the basic knowledge correctly. This is our suggestion;
- Brainstorming ideas
First think about the topic you are interested in and the type of video you want to create. For example, if you run Airbnb, you can have two types of videos. The first type can be marketing videos, including instructions and video tours. Then, the second type might involve customer feedback.
- Use auto-completion for inspiration
When you think of a few topics, go to YouTube, type in some words, and see which automatic suggestions appear. These suggestions are by no means random. They are like FAQs-the most common queries received by search engines. List terms for further research.
- Conduct competitor research
First enter your main keywords on YouTube, and then indicate the brand on the first page of the results. Then, check the video title and description for each brand. You can also use tools such as TubeBuddy to find out the tags used in each video.
- Consider using YouTube SEO keyword research tools
There are several YouTube SEO tools, including Kparser, Hypersuggest, KeywordKeg, YtCockpit and WordTracker. For most of these tools, all you have to do is enter a word or phrase. Then, the dashboard will be filled with dozens of relevant keywords. Most YouTube SEO tools also provide the number of keywords and competition index.
Create high retention videos
Now that we have identified the correct keywords, the next step is to create a high retention rate Interactive video. Please follow the steps below;
- Script a home run. You need a good script to attract the attention of the outside world and persuade the audience to watch it to the end.
- Choose a great person: The protagonist in the video must be both likable and kind. Details, such as age, health and clothing, are also crucial.
- Looking for charming voice acting: The sound in the video can also make or interrupt the video. Therefore, don’t cut corners. You need the best sound.
- Keep it flowing: The viewer should not look away from the video. You want them to be pasted on the screen throughout the video.
- Music and sound effects: Here, secondary details (including background scores and sound effects) are also very important.
- Use CTA for rounding: Video marketing products without CTA are useless. Complete the action by telling the viewer to take a specific action.
- Prepare the video landing page: One Video landing page Is a page, possibly on your website, where you can direct all traffic from a particular video.
YouTube optimized SEO best practices
After creating the video, please pay attention to the following tips and best practices to achieve the best performance of YouTube SEO.
- Tailor videos for those who need it
Two points are particularly important. First, make sure you understand your target audience. This can be done by creating a buyer persona. Second, use the language and tone that suits your audience’s technical level.
- Add your SEO keywords to the video title and description
If you have the opportunity, you should also consider adding secondary and long-tail keywords in these areas. However, don’t use this as an excuse to make the title unnecessarily long and obsolete.
- Include video transcripts to further improve SEO
Adding a transcription of the video on the same page as the video can provide search engines with more information and context. The engine cannot read the visual content. Therefore, the transcribed material enables them to crawl and rank the text.
- Actively promote your video
Publishing a video to your website or YouTube is just the first step in the marketing process. You need to promote yourself by actively promoting videos on all online platforms (including your website, blog, social media accounts, and even industry forums).
You need video SEO. It not only increases the potential of traffic and extends the duration of the session, but also increases the chance of appearing on the SERP page-you can get more traffic and potential customers on the SERP page.
Updated: April 24, 2021